Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Revised Sensitivity Measurements Table

I've been measuring MW sensitivity on most of the receivers I've owned - and some I've borrowed. The new document is updated with measurements made by friends of mine many years ago. So now, the list comprises 41 receivers. From the super-affordable to the hyper-expensive, from early 1950's to 2017, and from 110 grams to 55 kg. And quite a few with legendary status!

Apart from extending the list of receivers, I have also sorted them by name and made some minor layout changes.

I hope I have the opportunity to extend the list as time goes. And you can have a look here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much fun the 390A is still most sensitive :-)

Does she take a lot of maintainance? What have been main issues caused by aging of components? Just curious.

73, thanks for the intersting doc.
Paul
PD0SWL

Bjarne Mjelde said...

Paul,
the R-390A has run trouble-free the past decade or so, but then I use it only a couple of times every year. Capacitors are known to fail over time, and it is possible that in the future, I will do a full cap replacement.